Documentation for UF's Red Hat Satellite service can be found in the UFIT Wiki.
If you don't find what you are looking for or if you need further assistance, please contact the RHEL Satellite support team.
Red Hat® Satellite is a system management solution that makes Red Hat infrastructure easier to deploy, scale, and manage across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. This management tool helps users provision, configure, and update systems to keep them running efficiently, securely, and in compliance with various standards. By automating most system maintenance tasks, Red Hat Satellite helps organizations increase efficiency, reduce operational costs, and enable IT to better respond to strategic business needs.
Red Hat Satellite Server connects directly to Red Hat to download updates and synchronize content but also has the flexibility to work in a completely disconnected environment. Red Hat Satellite
- User and group role-based access control (RBAC) with external directories.
- Powerful graphical user interface (GUI), command-line interface (CLI), and application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Advanced subscription management
- Now administrators can provision on bare metal, virtualized infrastructure, and on public or private cloud environments — all from a centralized console using one simple process
- Analyze and automatically correct configuration drift and control, and enforce the desired host endstate, all from the Red Hat Satellite user interface (UI). This lets you efficiently configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems for greater agility
- Red Hat Satellite helps ensure the systematic application of content (including patches) to deployed systems — on physical, virtual, or cloud infrastructures — in all stages. This ensures greater system consistency and availability and frees IT to respond more quickly to business needs and vulnerabilities
- Easily report and map your Red Hat products to registered systems for end-to-end subscription consumption visibility