- Why did we select OnBase?
Hyland is a leader in the higher education market space with a long track record of success including at other universities such as:
- Ohio State
- Notre Dame
- South Carolina
OnBase will integrate into our existing and planned business applications.
- How long will the process take?
- The first part of our initiative is to extract, convert and import documents from our legacy document management platform into OnBase. This initiative includes building out new security roles and integrating OnBase into existing business applications. We have more than a dozen core business units to address in this first phase and expect to complete the work by March 2016. Future initiatives are to be determined.
- What browsers can I use with OnBase?
- Apple Safari 5.1.10+ on Mac OS X
- Apple Safari 6.0.5+ on Mac OS X
- Apple Safari 6.2+ on Mac OS X
- Apple Safari 7.1+ on Mac OS X
- Apple Safari 8.0+ on Mac OS X
- Apple Safari 9.0+ on Mac OS X
- Firefox ESR 31 or 38 (HTML Web Client on Windows & MAC OS X)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (ActiveX/HTML Web Clients) (limited support, see below)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 (ActiveX/HTML Web Clients)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 (ActiveX/HTML Web Clients)
Internet Explorer Browser Support As of OnBase 15, the ActiveX and HTML Web Clients are supported on the versions of Internet Explorer listed in the previous table. However, note that the following limitations also apply:
- When using Internet Explorer 10/11 on Windows 8/8.1, the Web Client is only supported in Desktop Mode.
- When using Internet Explorer 11, Enterprise Mode is not supported.
- When using Internet Explorer 9, the Web Client is supported on the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer, not the 64-bit version.
- You may need to add https://docs.erp.ufl.edu/ to your Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer.
Firefox Browser Support As of OnBase 15, the HTML Web Client is supported on Mozilla Firefox version 31 Extended Support Release (ESR). Going forward, the HTML Web Client will be supported on the latest Firefox ESR version available when OnBase is released. When a new ESR becomes available, it will be tested for compatibility with the HTML Web Client. Once testing has passed, the HTML Web Client will support the current ESR version and one version prior. With each subsequent OnBase release, HTML Web Client support will be dropped for ESRs no longer supported by Mozilla. Safari Browser Support As of OnBase 15, the HTML Web Client is supported on the versions of Safari listed in the previous table. However, note that the following limitations also apply:
- The Web Client is not supported in Safari’s full screen mode.
- The Web Client is not supported in Safari Reader.
- Why can't I use Chrome to access OnBase?
- Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox ESR are the only browsers supported by Hyland Software, the vendor for OnBase.
- Can I access OnBase when connected to UF's wireless network?
- Yes, OnBase can be accessed from a laptop via the UF Wi-Fi. Information about using the University's Wireless Service can be found at https://getonline.ufl.edu/.
- Can I access OnBase from home or off-campus?
- OnBase can be accessed from home or off-campus via a VPN connection. Information about using the University's VPN may be found at http://web.uflib.ufl.edu/login/vpn.html.
- Do I need to disable Pop up Blockers to use OnBase with myUFL pages?
- Yes, if you want to use the myUFL links to OnBase such as UF Document Imaging > Human Resources Image, you will need to turn off Pop-Up blockers. With a Pop-Up blocker in place, OnBase will try to open inside of the myUFL portal window, but it will not retrieve any documents. As an alternative, users can go directly to https://docs.erp.ufl.edu.
- Are there any limits to file size when uploading a document to OnBase?
- Yes, document uploads are limited to 100 MB per file. If you are uploading a file with a large number of pages and encounter this issue, please split the pages into two upload files.
- How do you bookmark the OnBase Web Client in IE?
Here are the steps to create a bookmark for https://docs.erp.ufl.edu. It’s a little different because you have to first create a Favorite for any tab and then go back and edit the URL to go to OnBase.
- Open IE 10 or IE 11
- Click on Favorites > Add to Favorites (you can do this for any tab/URL)
- Type a name for the Favorite (“OnBase Web Client” or whatever is meaningful to you)
- Click Add (This creates a Favorite but with the wrong URL)
- Now, go back to Favorites > Organize Favorites
- Right-click on the Favorite you just added and select Properties
- Change the value in the URL field to https://docs.erp.ufl.edu and click OK
- Your new browser Favorite should now direct you to OnBase. If you want to make this a desktop shortcut too, right-click on the Favorite and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).