UFIT is responsible for the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of the core network on the University of Florida campus.
Core network services include:
- Core electronics that connect buildings to each other
- Building Point of Presence (B-POP) electronics that link building to the core
- Fiber optic cable, copper wire, conduits, and pathways between buildings
- Wireless Access for outdoor spaces campus wide
- Access to the Internet and Internet II
Standard Wall-Plate services include:
- Life-cycle replacement of switches on a 5-8 year schedule. Only enterprise class switches deployed within the network
- Switch maintenance including security updates, IOS updates, and special configurations
- Upgrades and design changes to the network as needed
- End-to-end monitoring and management of network performance, with early detection of problems and timely response
- Seamless troubleshooting of network problems, end-to-end
- Support for the existing cable infrastructure. Note -- does not include new installations.
- Basic wireless services in all major areas of the wall-plate buildings
- Availability of VoIP phone services