The purpose of this policy is to direct units on how they may appropriately recognize supporters on university and unit web space without overly commercializing the University and unit home pages.
These guidelines do not address advertising on university web space, which is governed by the University’s Policy for Advertising on University & Unit Web Space. Recognition of corporate support differs from advertising in that it only acknowledges support to the University; it does not contain promotional or other information about a person or entity’s product, services or facilities.
This policy covers all web sites and web pages hosted by or on the behalf of the University of Florida and all of its constituent units.
The University and individual units may recognize significant supporters on their secondary web pages. Vendors that provide goods or services to the University or individual units do not qualify for recognition as university supporters solely by virtue of their contract.
- The President or their designee will determine eligibility for designation as a university supporter, based on whether the supporter provides significant support to the university-wide mission.
- The head unit administrator or designee will determine eligibility for designation as a unit supporter, based on whether the supporter provides significant support to the unit.
- UF Foundation representatives will review all proposed university or unit supporters prior to inclusion on a web page. Units interested in recognizing unit supporters should work with their UF Foundation representatives.
- The President or designee, or in the case of unit pages, the head unit administrator or their designee will designate the period of time for which to recognize the university or unit supporter.
- Definitions Used in Policies and Standards
- Advertising on University & Unit Web Space Policy
- UF Foundation Policies
Policy approved by the Office of the President on August 3, 1998, revised March 20, 2001.