To provide for compliance, security, and efficient support services when conducting University of Florida business via electronic mail.
This policy applies to all electronic mail sent or received in the scope of employment at the university, or with the intention to conduct university business.
All employees of the University of Florida must use a university provided or approved electronic mail service when conducting University business via electronic mail.
- University of Florida electronic mail may not be automatically forwarded to a non-university provided or approved service.
- University of Florida business must be conducted using an assigned ufl.edu email address.
- Emails on the university mail system have the following default retention settings:
- Inbox and Sent Items: 3 years from creation or receipt
- Deleted Items: Purged after 30 days
- All University of Florida faculty and staff are responsible for compliance with this policy
UF Regulation 1.0102 Policies on Information Technology and Information Security
University of Florida General Record Schedule with cross reference 7/2012
Effective Date: February 5, 2016