This policy has been implemented because of the numerous business, legal and policy issues that arise in connection with the sale of advertising on university and unit web space.
Advertising consists of techniques and practices used to bring products, services, opinions, or causes to public notice for the purpose of persuading the public to respond in a certain way toward what is advertised. Advertising differs from the recognition of university supporters in that it may contain promotional or other information about a person or entity’s product, services or facilities that goes beyond mere acknowledgment of support to the University. This policy does not address treatment of university supporters, which is discussed in the University’s policy for Recognizing Supporters on the University & Unit Web Space.
This policy covers all web sites and web pages hosted by or on the behalf of the University of Florida and all of its constituent units.
Unit: A part of the University of Florida that has administrative and financial duties to comply with the university’s information security policies.
Only the following units of the university may place advertising on their web pages:
- University Athletic Association, Inc.
- University of Florida Foundation, Inc.
- University of Florida Alumni Association, Inc.
- Business Services Division
- College of Journalism and Communications (WRUF and WUFT television and radio stations and Orange and Blue Magazine.)
- The President or designee(s) may approve additional units that may place advertising on the unit’s web pages
- The University’s Office of General Counsel or the UF Foundation’s legal staff will review all contracts for advertising
Review and Adjudication
The President or designee(s) may approve additional units that may place advertising on the unit’s web pages.
The University’s Office of General Counsel or the UF Foundation’s legal staff will review all contracts for advertising.
Failure to comply with this policy could result in disciplinary action for employees, up to and including termination. Volunteers may have their volunteer status terminated
|October 23, 2012||Policy originally adopted|