The Campus Cyberinfrastructure Plan for 2015-2020 outlines the strategic direction of the Research Computing infrastructure for 2015-2020. The first Campus Cyberinfrastructure Plan for 2011-2015. was successfully completed.
The Research Computing Advisory Committee is part of the UFIT . A new subcommittee has been added, to bring the full structure to the one shown in the chart.
The Clinical Translational Science - IT (CTS) oversees the operation of CTS-IT which provides IT support for the activities of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI). The director of CTS-IT is Christopher Barnes.
A two-page document states the Vision for Research Computing.
The Research Computing Advisory Committee is charged as follows:
- Make recommendations to create a sustainable and appropriate research computing environment.
- Enable UF researchers to conduct leading edge research.
- Enable UF researchers to compete for resource allocations within UF and from external sponsors.
- Encourage state, national and international partnerships with other research institutions.
- Ensure that information resources that support research are up to date.
The chair’s notes describe the first set of meetings focused on writing the relevant section of the Strategic Plan for IT.
- July 17, 2017 (PDF, 37KB)
- Jun 5, 2017 (PDF, 37kB)
- May 8, 2017 (PDF, 26KB)
- Mar 6, 2017 (PDF, 28kB)
- Feb 6, 2017 (PDF, 904kB)
- Jan 9, 2017 (PDF, 35kB)
- Dec 5, 2016 (PDF, 119kB)
- Oct 3, 2016 (PDF, 39kB)
- Sept 12, 2016 (PDF, 35kB)
- July 18, 2016 (PDF, 41kB)
- Jun 6, 2016 (PDF 11kB)
- March 4, 2016 (PDF, 57kB)
- January 4, 2016 (PDF, 57kB)
- December 14, 2015 (PDF, 17kB)
- November 9, 2015 (PDF, 12kB)
- October 5, 2015 (PDF, 17kB)
- September 14, 2015 (PDF, 30kB)
- July 6, 2015 (PDF, 30.7 kB)
- April 6, 2015 (PDF, 27kB)
- March 2, 2015 (PDF, 25kB)
- February 2, 2015 (PDF, 21kB)
- January 5, 2015 (PDF, 21kB)
View the Report Archives for a full listing of all previous reports.
|Research Computing Advisory Committee Membership|
|Paul Avery, Chair||Professor, Physics|
|Erik Deumens, Vice Chair||Director, Research Computing|
|Sophia K. Acord||Associate Director, Center for Humanities and Public Sphere|
|S. Balachander||Professor, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering|
|Peter Barnes||Assistant Scientist, Astronomy Department|
|Rafael Munoz-Carpena||Professor, Agricultural and Biological Engineering|
|Hai-Ping Cheng||Professor, Physics|
|Richard Deason||Assistant Director, AHC IDR|
|Steve Madore||Associate Program Director & Assistant Scientist, Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research, Research & Graduate Programs|
|Lauren McIntyre||Molecular Genetics and Microbiology|
|George Michailidis||Director, Informatics Institute|
|Dave Pokorney||CTO Florida LambdaRail|
|Sanjay Ranka||Computer and Information Science Engineering|
|Laurie N. Taylor||Digital Scholarship Librarian, Libraries|
|Ana Conesa Cegarra||Professor, Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, IFAS & Genetics Institute|
|Jack Stenner||Professor of Art and Technology, College of Art|
|Richard Hennig||Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, College of Engineering|
|Plato Smith||Data Management Librarian|