Any student, faculty, staff member or organization at UF can submit a concept paper to the Technology Fee Advisory Committee.
Approval of a project proposal required a multi-step process.
- A concept paper that strictly adheres to the requirements below must be submitted to the Committee.
- The Committee will review the submitted concept paper and accept or reject it. Rejected concept papers can be resubmitted in following cycles.
- Accepted concept papers will be invited to submit a proposal and provided with a proposal template.
- The Committee will review the submitted proposal and accept or reject.
- Accepted proposals will be forwarded with a recommendation to the CIO.
- The CIO will make a final decision on project proposals to be funded.
- Funded proposals will be announced and posted on this web site.
- Concept paper must address “…instructional technology resources for students and faculty.” (Florida Statute 1009.24)
- Concept papers and proposals must be submitted in the required template.
- Concept papers and proposals must include an approved signature from the Dean of the College, Unit Director, or Vice President for Student Affairs that houses the student, staff or faculty member.
- Concept papers and proposals must be reviewed and include an approval from the core UFIT unit whose area is most familiar with the focus of the project resulting from the proposal by the date listed below. The core UFIT units and their respective contacts are:
- Academic Technology, The Office of Academic Technology (AT) provides resources, technical assistance, and equipment to assist the University of Florida faculty, staff and students. The three general divisions of AT include support for media services, instructional technology and teaching/learning.
Mark McCallister, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Infrastructure & Communication Technology, manages the UF Data Center and delivers hosted server, storage, virtualization, database, email and related system and connects the University of Florida campuses and UF to the world via high-speed data, video, Wi-Fi, telecommunications, and VoIP services.
Saira Hasnain, Associate CIO and Senior Director, email@example.com
- Enterprise Systems, Enterprise Systems, supports UF-wide enterprise systems. IT maintains the software and provides the operational support that powers UF’s enterprise-wide computer systems.
TBA, Senior Director
- Information Security, Information Security has a mission to preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of restricted and critical data of the University.
- Rob Adams, Chief Information Security Officer, Information Security, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Computing, Research Computing and the High-Performance Computing Center provides high-performance computing resources and support to UF faculty whose research depends on large-scale computing.
Erik Deumens, Director email@example.com
See the table on the Technology Fee page for important dates.
How to Submit a Concept Paper
- The concept paper in the required template in electronic format to Anne Allen. Concept papers not sent in electronic format will not be considered. Template will be available on or before December 1, 2019.
- An approval form with all required signatures by email or mail to
720 SW 2nd Ave., Ste 250 N,
Gainesville, FL 32601-1211.